Social Work Month
Hello North Carolina Public Health Social Workers!
March is national Social Work Month and the North Carolina Continuing Education, Training and Advisory Committee (CETAC) uses this occasion to thank public health social workers for their dedication and service to the residents of the state. We encourage you to plan awareness and celebration events at your local agency to help promote the profession of public health social work and the difference the profession makes. Attached are several materials that will assist with your efforts, including;
- Adobe and JPG versions of the national theme, “Elevate Social Work”.
- A certificate that can be used to honor the social workers in your agency.
- The 2019 social work month theme rationale.
- A 2019 Social Work Month Proclamation.
- An invitation to join the North Carolina Public Health Association (NCPHA) and Social Work Section.
- A document entitled “Staying Connected,” which outlines how to sign up for the NC Public Health Social Work listserve, how to join membership organizations like NCPHA and NASW, advocacy listserves you can subscribe to in order to keep up with legislation impacting public health and social work and ways to connect with other public health social workers on social media.
On behalf of CETAC, we hope you will use the information above to take time in March to celebrate Public Health Social Work and to celebrate YOU! Thanks for all you do every day to help others in so many ways. Your contributions are significant and appreciated!
Kelly Spangler, LCSW, MSW, MPA
Regional Social Work Consultant
Division of Public Health,Women’s Health Branch
NC Department of Health and Human Services
PO Box 671
Horse Shoe, NC 28742-0671