Invitation to Join the NC Public Health Association and the Social Work Section
The NCPHA is the oldest, largest and most diverse organization of public health professionals in North Carolina. It is the primary membership organization in the state for public health professionals and the Social Work Section is the body that represents public health social workers. Public health social workers are a relatively small group of public health professionals, but we have successfully joined together to create and maintain a very active Public Health Social Work Section within the NCPHA for over 33 years. Public Health Social Workers are critical to the public health workforce in North Carolina so it is important to stand together and let our collective voice be heard.
The primary activities of the Social Work Section include planning and sponsoring/co-sponsoring sessions for the annual Fall Education Conference and planning the annual business meeting and awards luncheon. In the past we have offered lunchtime webinars to highlight important information relevant to public health social work practice and emerging public health issues. If you have topic suggestions for future webinars, please let us hear your suggestions! In addition, the Social Work Section gives annual input into the legislative priorities for the NCPHA. It also provides a way for public health social workers to meet and network with one another. The Section maintains a webpage https://ncpha.memberclicks.net/social-work and a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ncpha/ to update and connect members. Through the Section awards program the efforts of Section members and other individuals are acknowledged for their work to change lives and communities. Finally, through the awarding of the annual Michael L. Clements Student Scholarship, the Section works to increase student social work attendance at the annual NCPHA Fall Education Conference to support students who want to pursue a public health social work career.
The NCPHA continuously works toward establishing a strong relationship within the public health community and continues to strengthen those relationships as we represent the voices of our members. We hope that you will consider joining NCPHA to lend your voice to our common goal of bringing continued awareness to the importance of public health in our communities.
The NCPHA membership offers a number of benefits. Here are just a few:
- Stay in touch via the NCPHA website - www.ncpha.com
- Members receive quarterly electronic newsletters and weekly e-letters where they can stay abreast of and share public health news across NC. A weekly Employment E-List is offered to members who wish to subscribe. Notify Kim Dittmann at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- The NCPHA is the public health advocacy voice with the NC legislature. The more members we have, the louder our voice will be!
- Continuing Education opportunities are provided at the annual Spring and Fall Education Conferences.
- Awards, mini-grants, and scholarship opportunities offered annually!
- Networking opportunities abound, not only at the conferences but through participation in the many Sections that are discipline/issue specific. Learn from colleagues from across the state on best practices, what works, and share YOUR ideas and successes! A list and description of available Sections that you may join may be found at www.ncpha.com.
- There are many opportunities to get involved, whether it be through the Executive Committee or Governing Council Leadership, Section Leadership, or leadership on the many committees that keep the NCPHA running smoothly!
We need your support. Join NCPHA online by going to www.ncpha.com. Remember to check that you want to also join the Social Work Section! If you have any questions about the NCPHA membership, please contact Kim Dittmann at email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the Social Work Section, please go to the section’s page on the NCPHA website, https://ncpha.memberclicks.net/social-work and contact either the Membership Committee Chair or the Section Chair listed on the page.
P.S. If you have never been a NCPHA member before you are eligible to get a free one-year membership through your agency’s organizational NCPHA membership. Contact your agency’s administration to find out if they participate by paying the NCPHA organizational dues and inquire about how you can take advantage of this offer. You may also contact Kim Dittmann firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about organizational and individual NCPHA membership and dues. Once you take the step to join NCPHA, please remember to join the Social Work Section.
THANK YOU for your consideration!